Learn this cute trick and more!
Clicker Puppy shows children clicker training these puppies. There are no leashes in Clicker Puppy. All clicker training is hands-off with positive reinforcement to encourage the desired behavior. Puppies are allowed to play if they want. Food, toys and fun are used as reinforcers.
There is no punishment or even physical prompting. The puppies are all having a lot of fun and learning at an astonishing rate. The kids are having fun as well. Find out how easy it is to take natural puppy behavior and clicker train your way to an obedient dog.
Topics covered in Clicker Puppy are:
- General introduction (download excerpt – 7 MB)
- Introduction to how puppies learn (see a puppy being trained by cats)
- Introduction to clicker training
- Clicker games to play with kids to learn to use the clicker
- The training game – a game for people to see how it feels to be the dog
- Free shaping – how to teach a dog without talking or prompting
- Safe games for kids to play with puppies
- Sit (download excerpt – 2 MB)
- Off and retrieve
- Roll over
- Come when called
- Jump over an obstacle
- Target training – this is how service dogs are trained to push buttons
- High five (download excerpt – 3 MB)
- Training tips – tips to help make clicker training sessions go smoothly
- Clicker critter – clicker training rabbits, ferrets and hamsters
- TAGteach – clicker training applied to people (view video at TAGteach site)
- Learn to Speak Dog – dog bite prevention information (download low res)
These downloads are .wmv files and should play automatically in Windows Media Player. If they do not play please contact your ISP or other support person, Doggone Crazy! cannot help with this problem.
What the experts say about Clicker Puppy
Clicker Puppy is Karen Pryor approved!
Karen is the queen of clicker training and an internationally recognized expert in the field of behavioural biology. She is the author of numerous books and scientific papers, including the best selling Don’t Shoot the Dog: The New Art of Teaching and Training. If you haven’t read this classic book – you should!
Here is what Karen Pryor has to say about Clicker Puppy…
“So easy even a child can do it…This delightful show goes right to the heart of what clicker training is all about. You’ll see boys and girls teaching VERY young puppies sometimes in a minute or less. A wonderful new way to learn clicker training!”
-Karen Pryor, CEO, Karen Pryor Clicker Training and Author, Don’t Shoot the Dog – The New Art of Teaching and Training (www.clickertraining.com)
“This excellent and engaging DVD teaches people of all ages how to teach their companion animals good manners. At the same time, it teaches empathy and stresses safety. A great resource for parents and children!”
-Lynn Loar, Ph.D., LCSW, President, Pryor Foundation and Co-author, Teaching Empathy: Animal-Assisted Therapy Programs for Children and Families Exposed to Violence (www.latham.org)“
“It’s wonderful to have a clicker training video on the market now that’s geared especially for children and puppies. You did a great job covering all the bases -including basic obedience, essential manners like sit-to-greet, and tricks, too! We loved how the training was shown in real time, and the quick results the kids got with all the pups thanks to the very clear teaching steps you laid out.”
-Virginia Broitman and Sherri Lipman – Creators of the Bow Wow series of clicker training videos and Clicker Expo faculty members (www.takeabowwow.com)
Innovation Award – 2005 – International Positive Dog Training Association
Gwyn Tebault Award for Excellence in Human Education – 2005-2006 – The Latham Foundation